First Soap Dish

Firing of the Week 11.27.17

This is a slumping session.

Pre Kiln

This was the VERY FIRST time that I had made a soap dish. I was very nervous about the glass not fusing strong enough or it fusing but slumping too much. Essentially I was preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I took these beautiful fused pieces of dichoric glass from the previous fusing session. You can read more about that here.

 

Post Kiln

I ended up removing two of the journey circles from the image above. I was nervous about how they would turn out so I only wanted to test one journey circle. That way, if it didn’t turn out properly I would’ve only lost two pieces of material versus 6.

It turned out PERFECTLY! I was so happy with the results. I was finally able to make a soap dish. A goal that I had for over a year has finally come tro fruition. The two other plates were given away during the holiday season.

Thanks for checking out my post. Make sure to follow me for updates and check out my next event here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s